Saturday, August 29, 2009

Why IIJNM is better than any other J-school


I have always wanted to be a journalist every since i can remember. Way back then all I knew about this field was this fiery lady reporting live, standing fearlessly against a backdrop of war. That is my first impression of Barkha Dutt who inspired me to take up journalism. Cliché? Yea I know but then that’s my story.


Before I go into just why IIJNM is better than any other J schools; what I’d like to highlight is that I had applied to some 5 journalism schools, of which I sat for three entrances and got through two of them in one shot. And yes, IIJNM is one of them. One month and fourteen days into this course. I don’t regret taking up IIJNM and not the other college

Life at IIJNM is hectic and every stressful and that is also the reason why I have come to love it. There are times when I feel my brains will burst with information overload, the stress sometimes becomes too much for me to handle; but I’m loving my life here, its all that i had always dreamt of and more


But these don’t just qualify IIJNM as a great place to be in. what truly sets it apart is the whole 'on-the-job' experience. We are constantly learning and challenging ourselves. We are taught not just my about my field but I am taught how best to deal with the challenges our profession constantly flings at us; newer technologies, better understanding of equipments and mediums. The infrastructure is something that will put the so-called top-notch Journo schools to shame. Its no secret that IIJNM has a curriculum and faculty to boast of. The best thing I like about this place is, that the emphasis is always on how best to learn, to make mistakes and learn from it and now just on emerging successful.





Worth a read;
Sans serif
The Hoot
The New York Times

No comments:

Post a Comment